Sunday, October 7, 2012

Productive weekend!

Tillering tree built, belly shaped, and riser glued on. Here's some pictures:
Special bonus, you get to see a different floor surface!


Will have some blending to do once this glue dries.

Blurry, but you can see the nice rounding. I'd take another picture, but I've got dinner to make as well as a string!


Hmmm. This side is blurry too, maybe I'll get some better pictures of this area and post them after all.

The other end.

Sadly, I broke my big sureform blade, right at the weld at the top. Lowe's didn't have any replacement blades for the large rasp, so I bought a smaller one and an extra blade.

Shaka, when the walls fell... The interesting thing about this is that the last shaping tool on the hook at Lowes had already broken in the same area, hence buying the smaller tool.
So, the smaller tool isn't too bad, I may like it better. Still need to figure out what I'm going to do with the riser, I think I want an arrow rest, but I may just thin the whole thing out a bit. It would be great if I could arrange it so that the wife could shoot it too. She's a lefty.

I tested the tillering tree with my current bow, and nothing seemed to creak, snap, pop, or otherwise indicate impending doom. I'll have the bow on it later tonight, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment