Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Finally! Some progress!

Lots of news-
Hurricane just barely brushed us, so lots of luck there. Its a shame that the same cannot be said of everyone in its path.

Bow is tillered! It is strung at full brace right now, with a string that actually has serving! Still some work to be done; I need to narrow up the handle, sand the whole thing down to a nicer finish, and then rub it down with some tung oil. I will be shooting an arrow off of it this weekend. Still not sure if I'll back it or not. We will worry about that later though. Here's some pictures:
Full Brace

Full Draw

Serving on the string- bit of glue drying on both ends. Serving jig made this much easier than anticipated.


So, there you have it- red oak, 42-43lbs at 28". I may be slightly south of 40 when all is said and done, but I'm pretty happy with it for now. Also got my Traditional Bowyers Bibles in the mail today- started reading the first, and it is full of good info, highly recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment