Saturday, October 6, 2012

More Pictures!

Okay, work week from hell is over and I just got done with some more work on the bow. It was rainy this morning, so I worked in the kitchen for as long as I could before the wife let me know I was bothering her studies. Here's what it looks like now:
Still have some "smoothing out" to do on the sides of the limbs.

You can see the slight round going up to the handle- this will get bigger later.

So, it is vaguely more bow-shaped. I slapped the tillering boot on it to see if it flexed easier now that I took some material off:
The string on the boot is a bit loose, but it bends! On second glance, I should have not been in front of the book shelf, makes it hard to see the bottom of the bow.

Bit easier to get it to bend this way...
So, I've got to finish out the shaping and make my tillering tree before I get much farther on the bow. I did promise pictures of my string materials and jig, so here they are:
Goes from 48 to 70 inches right now, which should be all I ever need.

Serving string and jig, and my two spools of string, in the colors of my alma mater.  Go Lake State!
I'll probably try to make my string tomorrow, as tonight I've got a social function to attend! Hooray beer!


No comments:

Post a Comment