Saturday, September 29, 2012

Things are shaping up!

Began shaping the bow today. Took me a while to find a good way of clamping it so I can work on it. One end is tapered to where it needs to be, but then I had to go run errands. The other end is going to happen tomorrow, and I'll get pictures of it then.

Got my string making stuff in the mail today, also got a 2x4 cut down to make the string jig and the tillering tree. I'll finish the string jig tomorrow, and maybe work on the string tomorrow evening. Still need a scale, but I likely won't get to the part where I need it for another weekend or so.

I think I have decided to glue a piece on to the bow to make a thicker riser. It should allow me to make a thinner area in the handle so the bow is ambidextrous. I'll have to investigate that a bit further though. I'll get some pictures of everything up tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment